Monday, August 24, 2009

What did you just say???

Do you have a star crush? That one celebrity that makes you swoon? When I was in my early 20s my favorite television show was the X-Files. I loved the government conspiracy based dark drama about two FBI agents that investigated alien invasion and unexplained phenomena. It's still my all time favorite and it was love at first sight the moment my eyes focused on agent Fox Mulder, played by David Duchovny. I usually don't get too caught up in something as silly as a TV show, let alone a fictional character but there was just something different about Mulder. I was so head over heals for this show and character that I still have magazine articles and cut-outs, a Fox Mulder action figure that sits on my book shelf, the series on DVD, and a limited edition Barbie and Ken doll version of Fox Mulder and Dana Scully (complete with FBI badges). Steven, my sweet husband, has rolled his eyes numerous times at my infatuation over the years and he knows that if we ever had permission to have that one dangerous liaison with another person just who I would choose.

Anyway, where am I going with this you ask. This morning Steve flew up to Boston to catch a Red Sox game with his friend Jerry. While in a coffee shop, Jerry says, 'Hey, that's David Duchovny.' Steve looks up and there he is. Right. In. Front. Of. Him. The clouds parted and the sun began to shine, angels sang, happiness filled the world... OK this only happened in my world but still....can you believe it? He was with his children and no one recognized him. Steve was walking by and David walked into him and David politely said 'Excuse me'. Steve would never invade a person's privacy by asking for a photo or autograph, and 99.9% of the time, I would agree with that... but not this time! I so wish he had his camera and got a photo of the two of them. How weird cool would that be? I probably would have gone over to him and made a fool of myself in some way if I were there. There would probably be a restraining order issued at some point. When Ellie did the commercial with Jennifer Aniston last summer, I asked her bodyguard if he knew David Duchovny and he said he did but he was kind of a jerk. I pretended not to hear that but sadly, I have read on more than one occasion that he isn't too nice when fans approach him. I have blocked that character flaw out and maybe someday, in some coffee shop, our eyes will meet and the angels really will sing...

Just to show that there is a whole nation of Mulder/Duchovny stalkers fans out there, I present the 'David Duchovny, Why Won't You Love Me' song. The video is a bit on the cheesy side (OK REALLY on the cheesy side) but there are some cute photos and I so love the words to this song. I could have written it myself. sigh....


UPDATE--- Ellie just came in and asked me what I was doing. I showed her the post and video and she told me there was something very wrong with me. Too funny and in this respect, true.