Sunday, August 23, 2009

My Bucket List



Now that I am old 40, I have been taking some personal stock on life accomplishments that have been achieved and those that have not. So far, I am pretty pleased with what I have done in my life and there are no regrets. I am so grateful I can say that. I truly mean it, no regrets whatsoever, about anything. How many people can say that!? So... the bucket list of things I would like to do sits before me. I am pretty good at achieving goals (unless they are exercise related) and I feel strongly that most of my bucket list items will be satisfied. Actually, one just was this past week. One of my bird photographs will be published in a NWF (National Wildlife Federation) publication this fall, with photographer credit and everything. Pretty cool huh?
I thought I would share my bucket list on the blog. There are probably more things to add as time goes by but for now here are 20 things I would like to do before I kick the bucket. Here we go, in no particular order.

1. Learn to play piano
2. Learn to speak fluent French
3. Visit Ireland
4. Buy a kayak
5. Continue to be a living testimony for what God can do
6. Meet Bill Clinton
7. Visit Vancouver, British Columbia
8. Camp along the ocean in a tent
9. Write a book
10. Go to a taping of Oprah
11. Be a guest on Oprah
12. Volunteer at an animal shelter
13. Own a summer home on Cape Cod
14. Go on a birding excursion in South America
15. Learn to sew
16. Meet Tina Turner
17. Visit the Galapagos Islands
18. Make significant monetary donations for pediatric cancer via the Friends of Ellie charity
19. Go on an African Safari
20. Visit Alaska