Friday, September 24, 2010
Thursday, September 23, 2010
These were all taken this week. He is still loving his porch time during the day and watching the butterflies and birds tease him from the outside. After lounging on the porch for a bit, he manages to meander into my office looking for a playmate. He misses his buddy Ellie during the day. I don't tolerate as much playtime as Ellie so thankfully he's happy enough to hop up in the mailbins and take a nap. The other cats only tolerate so much Kanye time too and after a few pounces he gets the message. He certainly is a delightfully crazy little furball.
Monday, September 20, 2010
Ellie has fought hard for the last 2.5 years of her life to continue to have birthdays and I am so privileged to celebrate them with her. She had a great day with family yesterday and in a few weeks she will party with friends when she throws a birthday bash. So proud of you baby. You are healthy, happy and always the brightest spot in my day. Wishing for you all the very best this year. xoxo
Wednesday, September 15, 2010
I have added new T-shirt designs to Tickle Bellies. I love, love, love these. There are a ton of everyday and Halloween designs over at Tickle Bellies. Designs on onesies too. So cute!
This week I have educated myself about growth hormone therapy. Ellie should start getting injections next week. We just need to be checked off on the procedure from a nurse. All of the supplies arrived the other day. I am praying this only has positive side effects and nothing else. There is a scary undertone with growth hormone in the cancer world. Nothing that has medical merit but still it can make you crazy to read it. I am beginning to hate the late effects of cancer treatment. Managing and keeping an eye open for all the endocrine issues that may arise after brain radiation is a game I don't want to play anymore. Ellie is a trooper though as always and takes it all in with a big smile and a positive attitude. Mommy is the one that is being a baby.
My sweet Ellie turns 8 this weekend. Mouth watering treats are on the agenda so we can properly celebrate. Don't these look amazing!? Really, anything dipped in chocolate has got to be good. In early October she is having an American Girl Doll party with her friends. So happy she is here to celebrate another birthday! You know just what it is that I am wishing for when she blows those candles out.
There are a slew of amazing cupcakes just like this one here Prepare yourself before clicking.
Friday, September 10, 2010
Thursday, September 9, 2010
Tuesday, September 7, 2010
We had a fabulous holiday weekend and took a day trip to Shenandoah National Park on Sunday. It was the best weather of the summer by far. Perfect 75 degrees all day long. I wish we had more days like that over the last 3 months but more than anything I am grateful that the cooler air is coming. It was way too hot this summer. It was back into the 90s this afternoon so I guess I will have to practice patience a bit longer. I have a slew of mountain photos for next time. Today I will end with my girls heading back to school. I only have 2 photos of Emma because Steve drove her and a friend and he wouldn't dare take a photo of her at school. I so would.
Saturday, September 4, 2010
Thursday, September 2, 2010
What else has been going on....
- Steve celebrated his birthday on Monday.
- Ellie received her 2nd grade teacher notification in the mail yesterday. She has scored one of the best teachers! Yahoo!
- I caught Ellie reading on her own two times this week. Melts my heart that she is finally there.
- Emma has been driving me crazy with all things Justin Bieber.
- It's still hotter then, well you know what, outside. Where is Fall?
- I am thoroughly enjoying Dan Brown's 'The Lost Symbol'. Fantastic reading.
- I am soooo happy Hurricane Earl will not be bothering us in Richmond.
- Steve wants to go to the OBX to watch the seas churn and the waves crash. He is a storm chaser at heart
- Ellie and I head to Chicago at the end of the month for a St Jude speaking engagement with Tony Thomas.
- We have never been to Chicago and are uber-excited to go
- Thoughts of meeting Oprah swirl around in my head. (Don't be a dream crusher, I know it won't really happen)
- I am loving this season of 'Weeds' on Showtime
- Also loving a new show that follows 'Weeds' called 'The Big C'
- I am currently designing a new line of T-shirts for Tickle Bellies
- I am planning a fun weekend with girlfriends in NYC in early November
- September is Childhood Cancer Awarness Month
- Please donate to St Jude or Stand up to Cancer which airs this month