Since I promised to be better about blogging... this week I will have the girls photos from back to school as well as sharing about an opportunity to see President Obama. How exciting!
Sunday, September 11, 2011
Monday, August 29, 2011
As the storm raged outside, I enjoyed a fun game of scrabble on the ipad. Thank goodness for battery powered technology.
Wednesday, August 17, 2011
I wanted to share a photo of my beautiful daughter who will soon be entering high school. Tomorrow she plays her very first scrimmage as a high school field hockey athlete. She put the uniform on tonight to ensure it all fit and I almost cried... So proud of her and who she is growing up to be.
Tuesday, August 16, 2011
Wednesday, August 10, 2011
I have been in major work mode this summer. Lots of orders and designing and adding of new products – I am so grateful for this company and what I have created. Makes me happy and grateful. So… lots of work has been happening around here. This has left little time for nature walks and photography sessions. I miss that but I know come the fall and the cooler weather, I will be back out on the trail, camera in hand. We head to Hilton Head soon and I will of course be taking tons of photos but I am also really looking forward to just relaxing. On a chair by the pool. With a drink in my hand. Or on a blanket. With sand between my toes. And a drink in my hand. Oh and a spa day. That sounds like heaven. I'm relaxed just thinking about it.
Oh…. have to share, Emma made the high school field hockey team. So proud of her and that she is starting off her freshman year on the right track. It’s not easy getting up at 6am for practice while on summer break. So my hat is off to you Emma… you did it! Ellie is also making great strides with her reading. Her tutor has been great and she is doing well. She has been reading a lot more on her own. Her accomplishments also make me very proud. Yep, one proud mamma sitting right here.
As I mentioned not too many opportunities to take photos lately but I do have a few....
Saturday, July 30, 2011
- Ellie & I taped a St . Jude interview with our local ABC station.
- We talked about the upcoming Give Thanks walk in Richmond
- It airs sometime in August
- Ellie's last week of summer school is next week.
- Emma is having her physical on Monday so she will be cleared to play field hockey. JV & Varsity team tryouts are August 8th
- We leave for Hilton Head soon.
- I don't want to even venture out of the resort we will be in.
- It is an amazing place and I wish we were there now.
- Emma and I were talking about friends and I realized how lucky I am to have so many good ones.
- I am glad Steve is home from being away for a few days. I really miss him when he is gone (don't tell him I said that)
- Emma & I have been enjoying the Real Housewives series. Those ladies are messed up and we cannot get enough of them!
- Steve and I have been enjoying Weeds and the Big C on Showtime.
- I wish those two shows were on longer than 30 minutes. It's never long enough.
- Great writing on both shows. I love, love, love me some Andy on Weeds.
- Ellie's little friend from next door is back from her summer vacation.
- She went to China for a month.
- She brought her back lots of little Chinese presents.
- There is a nest of yellow jackets under one of our Leeland Cyprus trees.
- It makes me nervous but it is far enough away from the house and where we are when we are outside. If they wanted to relocate themeselves though, I wouldn't mind.
- The tall garden phlox in my front garden smells heavenly.
- Tucker pee'd all over my black-eyed susans that were around the mailbox and killed them all.
- Black-eyed Susans
arewere my favorite flower so I am sad.
- Sterling Jewelers releases their St. Jude stuffed animals at the end of August.
- Ellie is on their team this year and her artwork will be on all the hang tags.
- Buy a plush puppy at Jared - the Galleria of Jewelry or Kay Jewelers and support St. Jude
- We have a lot of fun trips and events planned in the next few months that we are looking forward to.
- Disney World
- Adele concert (I am BEYOND excited to have gotten tickets!)
- ALL of our birthdays are coming up and a few more events after that!
- One being a possible TODAY show appearance... stay tuned...
- I am busy with work and designing.
- Hoping for lots of back to school business.
- I scored a new account that has BIG potential. (so excited)
- I have learned this week that I have no tolerance for certain people anymore.
- Bad questionable behavior, no manners and having a false sense of entitlement when you do nothing to earn it is really... well... just wrong.
- It feels good to be honest.
- Our cat Kanye figured out he likes catnip this week.
- We learned he does not like to share his newfound love of catnip.
- Life is good and I have not complaints... well except for the weather.
- This a photo free post.