Wednesday, July 8, 2009

You've got questions... I have answers...

We are having a pretty relaxed week so far. Ellie is back in summer school and Emma has been at the pool every day. Steve headed to Tennessee today for work and I have been working on new designs for Tickle Bellies. July is usually our slowest month for sales so I can get more stuff like this accomplished. Julie has been handling marketing and advertising and we have been brainstorming on some new ideas. I actually sent out my first real email blast for Tickle Bellies. I am excited to start doing more marketing like this. Everything has been on hold for so long and now it is time to start growing the business again. There's some really cute stuff online now and we also have a July special. So check it out if you need some of our fabulous stationery.

I have also been weeding and fertilizing the gardens this week. I think because of all the neglect from being gone last summer the gardens have experienced a surge in weed population. I really cannot recall as many in previous years and I am not happy about it! The biggest weed offender is clover which pulls out super easy but has a really intense root system so even though it looks like you got the whole thing... wrong... more just grows back and with a vengeance. I have been trying to stay on top of it and so far the front garden is the biggest challenge. I may have to recruit help. The gardens look pretty good although at this point in the summer things start to look tired and overgrown. I haven't cut stuff back yet but I know I need to do that in the next few days. The tall garden phlox is blooming this week as are the black eyed susans. I heart black eyed susans. They are one of my favorite flowers. Also thriving in the garden are 4 little blue bird babies. They have about 8 more days in the nest before they fledge. This is the second brood of blue bird chicks in that nesting box this summer. Woo Hoo!


Random photo of Ellie blowing bubbles as Kanye and Phoebe look on

Today in my inbox was one of those 'Get to Know You' emails full of random questions. A friend sent it to me and instead of replying by email I thought I would do it here. So without further adieu here are all of my exciting answers! Did I say they were going to be exciting? Don't hold your breath!


What is your middle name? my middle name is Lynn (never really liked it much too boring)
Who named you? ummm… my parents.
Were you named after someone? I don’t believe so – my parents just wanted a nice Irish name for their sweet Irish baby.
If you had one word to describe yourself , what would you choose? grateful
What is the least favorite thing about yourself? physically, I am not a fan of my nose although over the years, it has grown on me (literally)
emotionally, I tend to get angry too quickly
What Zodiac sign are you?I am a leo
Which is your most recent favorite song?I like Hallelujah by Imogen Heap but it’s not a new song. for a new song… hmmm… I like Boom Boom Pow by the Black Eyed Peas
What was the last book you read? 'Riven’ by Jerry B Jenkins ‘Cape Cod, Nantucket & Martha’s Vineyard’ – travel book – does that count? I just got a new book for our beach trip which I still haven’t started called ‘The Long Way Home’ cannot recall the author.
What did you have for breakfast today?Special K with strawberries
What did you watch on TV last night? some of the Michael Jackson memorial and Law and Order Criminal Intent (I have a slight crush on Goren)
What is the farthest you have been from home? I tend to stay close to home… Aruba I guess.
Do you have any special talents? I can whistle loudly with my fingers
Have you ever met a famous person? through Ellie we have met a few…. She’s the most famous person I know though.
What kind of people do you like? funny, optimistic, artistic, animal & nature loving
Where do you live? Moseley, Virginia
How long have you lived there? from 2000-2003 and from 2004-present. We spent the missing year in Bel Air Maryland
Who do you live with? my husband Steve, my 2 girls, 1 dog and 5 cats and all the voices in my head. :)
What was your favorite sitcom growing up? I always watched Laverne and Shirley (I loved Boo Boo Kitty the most!)
What is your favorite all time TV show? the x-files - Agent Mulder - need I say more?
Who was the last person you talked to on the phone? A customer needing labels
What do you have handy at your bedside? The remote, tissues, bible and little drawings/notes from the girls
What's the color of your bedsheet? satin white (sounds so....but it's really not)
What two movies would you watch over and over? I would watch On Golden Pond and Remember Me
Where have your 3 best vacations been?1. Bar Harbor, Maine 2. Sanibel Island, Florida 3. Honeymoon Cruise to Caribbean
Favorite thing to do in your spare time? photography and bird watching