Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Guess where I am going?

This morning I bought my tickets to see Imogen Heap in Norfolk, VA. It will be my first time seeing her perform and I am so very excited. I decided to take Emma with me because she has recently been listening to Imogen and I know she really likes her style. She's very excited to go to this alternative, out of the norm, concert too. Imogen is so far from mainstream that in Emma's eyes, that makes her cool. Actually that equals beaucoup points in my book too. It's exciting that Emma is into music and this will be a really wonderful experience for us to share.

Every once in a while I connect with an artist and feel like her words are my words. Imogen has that ability and I can listen to her for hours and when I am in that place of contemplative thought her music can help me work through it. She also has a very happy, bubbly side too which I love because what is a connection if it doesn't encourage you to experience all emotions. Music is such a huge part of my life - so much to feel and to experience. Speaks to my soul.

So for any of you that have no idea just who the fabulous Imogen Heap is... I hope to introduce you to her amazing voice and style below. These are just a sampling of some of my favorites. By the way, Imogen plays ALL her own instruments (mostly synthesizer and piano) and has quite the technical setup at her live shows. Woo Hoo! I am a happy girl! Squee!



This is one of my all time favorites! :)


Her voice is amazing...you have to listen to this...





Live version of one of my favorite songs... this song is so relevant to my life... love it!