Monday, March 1, 2010

20 More days and counting!


Happy March! 20 more days to the official start of Spring! Yahoo! Steve and I have lots of garden plans, including a new custom pond in the back. We have been wanting one for a while and I think we can tackle this project this Spring. We aren't really the 'do it yourself' type but I know we can do it and who knows this may open the doors to a whole new 'do it yourself' world for us. I also want to do some perennial seed planting which I will be starting very soon so I will have plants ready to go in the ground when the all clear frost warnings have past which for us is around April 15th. I believe 6 weeks is the suggested time frame for seeds to sprout and grow to a decent size for ground planting. There are so many flower varieties to choose from that I don't know where to start. I have to get a plan under way this week. Fun Fun!!


Spring is my absolute favorite season...new life all around....so enjoyable, inspiring and invigorating. Our winter was long but for some reason it didn't drag on like past winters have. Normally by now I have major cabin fever and am itching for warmer days but this year I am just going with the flow and enjoying it all.



This weekend I enjoyed perusing the list of winners and finalists of the 2010 Bloggies awards. Here is the link. Definitely lots of good reading to be had!