Friday, November 20, 2009

Work, Oprah and New Moon

I have been up to my eyeballs with stationery orders. I am so grateful for all the hundreds of orders because with this economy it is still hard to gauge what to expect. Stationery is definitely a luxury item and people that used to buy without a second thought, seem to really think out their purchases now. I am so proud of our company for having stamina during the last year and for people continuing to tell us about our fabulous customer service, quality product and realistic price points. I am back to working 14 hour days which is fine because as I said I am grateful to have the work and I know it is just this particular time of the year when the holiday orders really spike. Come January I will be back to a normal work day. So working (and working and working) is what I have been doing.

Tonight I will take a break and accompany Emma and 2 of her friends to see New Moon. They are all so excited about this movie. The Twilight series of books is partially responsible for getting Emma through our time in Memphis last year. She wasn't in school and on many days she came with us for early hospital appointments that sometimes lasted 12 hours if blood transfusions were necessary. I recall her taking the books with her and immersing herself in the world of Bella and Edward. She read all 4 books while we were there. I think she read them twice.

I am sad that Oprah is wrapping up her talk show. I know I have 2 years to lament over this but I cannot remember a time without Oprah being on TV. I admit that recently I have only been watching Oprah on occasion but I will always DVR a show that has an interesting topic. I admire her genuine goodness and her spirit to do good things and how she always encourages people to live the best life they can. I saw a news clip last night and someone had said 'the world really is ending in 2012 now that Oprah is leaving TV... it's the Apocalypse' I chuckled at that because it is such a huge pop culture change coming our way. I am sure she will reappear with the next chapter though and bring something positive and exciting back to us.

I still have not taken the camera out for that promised walk. So I took a quick walk in the yard this morning and took some photos of the cats. The ground outside is still saturated with all the rain from last week so I squished my way around and didn't even bother going into the backyard. I have been so busy that I do not even have a photo of Emma without her braces. She got them off this week after 3 years. She looks great, different, but great. I am sure tonight I will get some photos of the girls with their New Moon glow. But for now this is all I have. pathetic I know.


cosmos
The weather has been on the warm side and this Cosmos and friend (always forget the name of this annual) have started to rebloom.


tree
Pear tree in our front yard that is dropping its leaves quickly. Won't be long til she is bare.


flag
fall flag that graces the front of our house. Santa will be there before I know it.


cats
Phoebe and Kanye entertain me for a few minutes while I dangle a cat toy and try to get a decent photo. Phoebe looks beyond thrilled.