Sunday, November 29, 2009

Did I mention I was tired?

It has been awhile since I blogged. I am brain dead. Yes, that is my excuse. I have been so busy with work, kids, holidays and company that I seriously could not make two sentences that made sense if I tried. Even now I just spelled 'tired' instead of tried. I am subconsciously telling myself that I am too tired to be doing this and I should be under the covers with a cat on me. In a minute I will do just that but I do have spell check so I can catch all my sleepy errors until then.

So... life is busy, but good. We are all back on the healthy side of living. All colds, coughs and worries of flu have gone and we are all feeling fine. Thanksgiving was great. Steve cooked almost everything and then my mother-in-law cleaned up almost everything. That's a win win for me! Dinner was delicious and seated around our dining room table were Steve, me and the girls as well as my mom and Steve's parents. It was small but nice and like I said, I have been brain dead so I didn't have to worry too much about my conversation skills. It was another opportunity to reflect on our lives and to give thanks for it all. Ellie was seated across from me. She is here, she is thriving and we are all blessed. Of course every seat at that table is important and I am so happy that we were able to share this holiday with our parents. I missed my dad and because the dinner was so delicious, we all mentioned that he would have definitely gone back for thirds. Oh how my dad loved to eat. Thanksgiving dinner was one of his favorite activities.

Friday I did a wee bit of shopping at the normal hour of 10am. I was no way about to get up and join the craziness that is holiday shopping in the early hours after Thanksgiving. It was a short but productive little shopping trip. I look forward to getting out when the masses are at work during the next week or so.

In between all of the holiday and family time, I worked. Business has been great and I am thankful but boy I will be happy to get through the next 3 weeks. My new best friend has become the 5 hour energy drink. It really works and I am sure in 3 weeks I will be in a hospital for mental exhaustion...just kidding... no not really.

So I have lots of photos to share but I am too tired to link them. I told you there is a fat cat on a bed waiting for me and it is 1:37 am right now so if I can make it up the stairs and to the end of the hall, that is where I will pass out for 5 hours.