Saturday, November 7, 2009

the takeover

We have all survived the flu or whatever the heck it was that hit our house over the last few days. It started with Emma on Monday afternoon. She was the most affected and endured her illness the longest. She had typical flu symptoms with high fever, dry cough, sore throat and body aches. By Thursday she was feeling better but Ellie and Steve were starting to feel sick. On Friday the two of them lay up in my bed with low fevers and achy bodies. Ellie had a cough and sore throat, Steve just felt spent and had the chills. Thankfully, today they feel much better. Unfortunately, I took their place in the bed today. I don't have a really high fever, it is hovering around 100 and it feels more like a sinus infection but who knows. I still feel horrible. I never ever spend the day in bed and this makes me the worst patient of us all. I have so many other things I'd rather be doing and I get frustrated that I have to take time to get better. Today Emma is fine, Ellie has a lingering cough and mouth sore and Steve still feels a bit run over but we are on the mend. I just had a cup of hot soup and Steve is out getting us stocked up on ginger ale, Theraflu and some sore throat/mouth sore rinse for Ellie. We have a fire going and a new movie to watch tonight and hopefully the doctor fairies will have us all back to normal tomorrow and we won't experience any sickness for another year.