Sunday, October 24, 2010

Beautiful Fall Day

aahhh...Sunday. I was able to sleep in until 8:30 this morning and then Steve made me a yummy breakfast that I ate out on the porch and then I topped that off with a nice long walk to the lake. Can I just tell you it was such an incredible, amazing Fall day today. The sun was shinning and the weather was crisp but not too cool. The kind of weather that has you starting out with a jacket and within 20 minutes or so it can be found tied around your waist. Love it!

I have plenty of work to do for the rest of the day but I got to play this morning so no complaints are coming from me. I also am tempted to go to a friends get together later this afternoon but that may involve cocktails and then I most likely won't want to work later. hmmm... what to do...

Here are some photos from my walk to the lake and a few from yesterday when Ellie and I took a late afternoon ride into the country.


Brown Creeper
brown creeper. even though 'creeper' is in his name, I love these little guys. they can be tricky to see as they tend to blend in really well with the tree trunks.


MINE!!
lunchtime!


Fall at the Lake
fall in central virginia


Camouflaged rather well
earthy, crunchy brown colors of fall


Old Tractor
old tractor in the woods


Yellow Rumped Warbler
yellow rumped warbler showing off how he got his name.

Lots of birds
lots o' brown headed cowbirds that I startled in a pasture



Heron
heron flying off