Sunday, August 15, 2010

Go Shawty...It's Your Birthday

bday


My birthday was on Saturday. Woo Hoo! Another year older. Each year gets better and better for me so I have no sadness about adding another digit to my age. It's really just a number after all.


I had a lot of great birthday wishes and cards, my favorite one being from sweet Ellie. She drew a picture of the two of us together holding hands and had everyone sign their name. Emma will be generously treating me to a pedicure later this week with some of her hard earned babysitting money and my sweet husband surprised the $%*# out of me and bought a brand new Canon EOS 5D Mark II camera and lens. I totally didn't expect it. I had mentioned one day that I wish I had a Canon instead of a Nikon because they have really sharp lenses and good vibrancy. I bought a used Nikon D200 off of Ebay about 3 years ago and I really do love it. It is a bit beat up now but I am still in the learning stages of photography and so much has to do with the photographer and not the camera. It is definitely a learning experience each time I reach for the camera. He also knew this D200 was used and wanted me to have a brand new one and not a used one. Isn't that sweet? However, because I have 3 Nikon lenses, a speedlight, batteries and other stuff that I cannot use on the Canon, I decided to return the Canon and continue learning on the D200 until I am ready to upgrade. It was super expensive for a birthday gift too and I couldn't see spending that much on me... well... OK... I could totally see it and it is really the fact that he did get it that makes it so amazing. So instead of the Canon camera, I have decided to buy two more good Nikon lenses that I have wanted for awhile as my birthday gift. I so love Steven for buying something that he knew I would love and for splurging on me. He is the best! I am ready year 41... bring on all the best you have to offer!