Friday, January 8, 2010

Oh Grumble

The phone rang this morning at 5am. It was dark so it really could have been 3 am in my sleep filled mind. Steve got up and said 'Hello'. I am thinking that someone has died and I am sitting up now staring at him. He doesn't say anything, he just walks over to the window and looks out through the blind slats. Now I am thinking a neighbors house is on fire. He hangs up and sits down. I am all like 'what...who was that...why didn't you say anything...?' He gets back under the covers and tells me that the girls have a 2 hour delay for school. Are you kidding me, they call us for that and they call at 5am? Who's up at 5am? As I turned off the 6:30 'go wake up Emma alarm' and tried to go back to sleep I kept thinking how funny it is that we say 'Hello' to an automated voice. Steve sounded so concerned when he answered this morning and that made it even funnier. The positive side of being awakened at 5am was that we all could sleep in for an extra hour. woo hoo! Oh and by the way, we didn't have any snow...