Friday, May 6, 2011

What's Happening

Time for a 'what's going on with us' post.
  • Steven put on his handy man pants yesterday and replaced our garbage disposal which was leaking and corroded. It left a nice wet mess on the sink cupboard floor as well so today he is replacing the cabinet floor.
  • Our green tree frog from last year (yes I am assuming it is the same one) is back! And this year he brought some friends. We have spotted several of these emerald beauties around the yard this spring.
  • Homer, the lost homing pigeon, is still our guest. He likes us.
  • Emma's last field hockey game is Saturday.
  • Trying to decide which art summer camps to sign Ellie up for. One will be with a friend and one she will do on her own.
  • We rented a house for a week in Brewster, MA on Cape Cod. A 5 minute walk from the ocean!
  • I planted my first Honey Suckle vine this spring and I have my fingers crossed that it likes where it's planted
  • The hummingbird that was here for 2 weeks has continued on northward and no one has come to replace him yet. makes me sad.
  • I am so not liking Sonya's attitude this season on the Real Housewives of NYC.
  • Speaking of the housewives, Betheny Frankel has some serious issues too that I hope she can deal with. Lots of crying jags this season.
  • Steven finally bought his dream TV. It replaces our old huge floor one. We also bought a nice piece of furniture to put it on. It's a win win for everyone.
  • I have been listening to Adele all week. She is my current fav and I wish her DC concert wasn't sold out and that the tickets on Ebay didn't cost $300.00
  • My thumb nail that I shattered last October in the car door still looks gross. It will never look right and I will be disfigured forever.
  • I sold a lot of my new melamine platters for Mother's Day
  • My Groupon feature went well so they are featuring Tickle Bellies again in DC on 5.10 and Hampton Roads (va) on 5.17
  • I want to go to Chincoteauge Island in the next 2 weeks.
  • I also want to go up to the mountains.
  • I am loving all the new life that is around us this spring
  • I can sit on my screened in porch on a warm day for hours and the smile never leaves my face.
  • I donated to an online fund drive so a couple could adopt a downs syndrome boy from Europe and I won one of the prizes. Wasn't expecting that but it was nice.
  • The prize was a knitted tea cozy that is really cute.
  • I arranged 3 vases of flowers in Ellie's class this week. It was teacher appreciation week and all the kids brought in flowers. One little boy must have forgotten and picked some flowers from outside... it made me sad and happy.
  • Cannot believe Emma is almost in high school.
  • The scrolling message at the bottom of Celebrity Apprentice that the president had something to say at 10:30 on a Sunday night and that it involved National Security totally made me nervous. I was beginning to think the Mayans were right.
  • I got to have lunch with a girlfriend yesterday that I don't see too often even though she lives down the street
  • Heading to my mom's place for Mother's Day
  • This is the first Mother's Day in 4 years that I will be at home
  • 2007- I was stuck in an airport in Dallas coming back from Vegas with friends - no flights (bad weather) meant we had to spend the night. In 2008 we were with Ellie at MCV Hospital in Richmond. She just had endured 2 brain surgeries. In 2009 we were in LeBonheur Children's Hospital in Memphis and she had just had her 'miracle' brain surgery to remove a tumor that wasn't there and in 2010 Ellie and I were at St. Jude for routine check-ups. It will be good to not be in an airport or hospital setting this year.
  • According to some religious heretic guy the Rapture begins on May 21st. Better make sure you're on good terms with the big man, just sayin'
  • I watched Black Swan and I didn't like it
  • Ellie and I watched Rio and I did like it
  • I sometimes wish I could read blogs all day long. They make me happy
  • Michelle Obama looked gorgeous at the Press Corp dinner last week
  • The roasting of Donald Trump at the aforementioned Press Corp dinner was super funny and well deserved.
  • I am working this morning, then reporting to Ellie's school to watch her class for an hour or so while the teachers are treated to a special lunch, then photographing a new Tree Swallow nest I found last night and then going to the flower nursery for some container plants.
  • Life is good!