Sunday, December 13, 2009

Cold and Rainy

Ahhh.... can you feel that? It's some breathing room. Finally seeing the light at the end of the never ending tunnel of orders. Woo Hoo! Now I need to finish up the stragglers as well as my Christmas shopping. We head to NYC to enjoy the city during Christmas for a few days on Friday. To me there is nothing like being in New York City in late December. The lights, the santas, the holiday cheer, the big tree...a magical time for sure. Ellie is excited to bring her hair style challenged American Girl doll to the AG doll store for a new hairdo. Emma and I had done this years earlier when she was 8 and she loved the whole experience. We are all excited to eat at all the amazing NYC diners/restaurants and to go to Macys and shop shop shop.


Today it is pouring rain and cold. A few degrees colder and we would be having a snowstorm. Definitely a good day to finish up orders. The girls are playing nicely together on Club Penguin (for now) and later this afternoon I am taking Ellie to see the 'Princess and the Frog'. I still have a list of movies I wanted to see but I don't know if I will have the time before they are long gone... There's always DVD I guess.


More holiday photos from around the house.
Centerpiece
I love Williraye folkart. This group of kids places the finishing touches on their snowman. It sits on my dining room table as the centerpiece.


Favorite spot
Kanye has found that he loves sleeping under the tree. He is such a sweet boy.



ornament
One of my favorite Christmas ornaments.


beat-up-ellie
OK.... I said they were upstairs playing on Club Penguin... guess not... Emma just came in to inform me that Ellie had taken a nasty spill down the stairs. As I quickly whipped around thinking the worst... this is what I see... Ellie's head is bandaged, a large bandaid(hope I don't need that someday soon) graces her face, oxygen mask to help her breath and 2 broken arms. Don't you just love a cold rainy day. I think I am the one that needs the oxygen.